Daimler Trucks expands production, hiring plans
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | February 14, 2011
Daimler Trucks North America plans to add 628 new positions in its Mt. Holly and Gastonia manufacturing plants to accommodate rising customer demand and expanding production schedules. Company officials also said hiring will occur at all of the company’s truck and parts manufacturing facilities during the first half of the year, totaling approximately 1,300 positions.
The Mt. Holly plant is located in Mt. Holly, North Carolina, and plans to fill 447 new manufacturing and 27 plant-based administrative positions beginning in mid-March. The Gastonia plant is located in Gastonia, North Carolina, and plans to add 149 manufacturing jobs and five related administrative positions during the February to pay time period. Planned 2011 hiring will also include 600 positions in DTNA’s Mexico manufacturing plants in Santiago and Saltillo.
This announcement followed the reinstatement of more than 1,600 manufacturing and related administrative positions throughout the company’s manufacturing network since January 2010.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident989 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse567 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side556 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?514 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views