Cutter Housing Material Evacuation Improved
Better Roads Staff | February 1, 2008
The RX-400 is 4-ft (1.20m) cold planer design allows contractor to cut as narrow as 26 inches (66 cm) with improved evacuation of material from the cutter housing. Material evacuation is efficient enough to allow cutting depth up to 12.5 inches (32 cm), even in clog-prone, loose material.
The RX-400 conveyor and cutter housing design allows the 26 (66 cm) wide drum section visibility of the conveyor for better material flow. The unique conveyor and cutter housing design of the RX-400 solves the significant tooth and tooth holder wear problem often encountered with other designs. These problems result from poor material evacuation in the cutter housing and the fact that too much milled up material gets churned in the housing, wearing out components.
Moreover, better material flow through the cutter housing makes operating the machine much more efficient.
The RX-400 cold planer features a 325HP (242 kW) Caterpillar C9 ACERT engine, and a maximum operating speed of 172 feet per minute (52 m/min.)
ROADTEC an Astec Industries Company
800 Manufacturers Road ¢ Chattanooga, TN 37405 USA ¢ 423.265.0600 ¢ FAX 423 265-7521 ¢ Roadtec.com
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes592 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts538 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse496 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers156 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views