Cummins named among top green companies
Staff Report | October 25, 2012
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006 along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management (policies, programs, initiatives and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles907 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse709 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side549 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views