Cummins named among top green companies
Staff Report | October 25, 2012
Cummins reported a number of possible reasons for its high rankings, such as its technology devoted to product emissions standards; a second greenhouse gas reduction goal from 2005-2015; its multi-pronged water management strategy that blends conservation, risk management and community involvement; its corporate responsibility focus; voluntarily reporting through the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2006 along with the CDP Water Project in 2012; and more.
The Newsweek methodology compares the actual environmental footprints, management (policies, programs, initiatives and controversies) and reporting practices of big companies. Newsweek teamed with Trucost and Sustainalytics to gather and analyze the data.
To learn more about Cummins, visit cummins.com.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?172 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views