Cummins, LiuGong, ZF showcase L9.3 engine at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 15, 2013
Tom Jackson, an editor for our sister site, Equipment World, reported from Munich today that Cummins, LiuGong and ZF discussed their progress and showcased their L9.3 engine, the first product of their joint venture, at Bauma 2013.
The L9.3 engine will power LiuGong wheel loaders for the Chinese market. Tom Linebarger, Cummins chairman and CEO, said the engine has been optimized for Liu Gong wheel loaders, which will also feature ZF axles.
Zeng Guang-an, vice chairman and president of LiuGong discussed sales in the Chinese market, noting that though China was down about 5 percent in the first quarter of this year, he expects to see 5- to 10-percent growth by the end of the year.
LiuGong, which is displaying 28 types of equipment at Bauma this year, hopes to have more equipment lines and doubled sales by Bauma 2016.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1063 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1034 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse739 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?309 Views
- VIDEO: Watch time-lapse of I-84 bridge replacement304 Views