CSC develops new safety training
| June 18, 2010
The Construction Safety Council developed a new train-the-trainer Health Hazards Awareness Program for the construction industry. Using federal funding from the Susan Harwood Training Grant, the CSC delivers a curriculum covering chemical, physical and biological hazards on the job site.
The program uses plain, non-technical language and offers materials in both English and Spanish. The CSC plans to roll out the new program in late summer, and will offer free training sessions for six instructors prior to the national roll-out. Interested experienced trainers can apply for the train-the-trainer program. For more information on the program, visit the CSC website or call 800-554-7744, ext. 202.
MORE FROM Industry
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system425 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads216 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views