CSC develops new safety training
| June 18, 2010
The Construction Safety Council developed a new train-the-trainer Health Hazards Awareness Program for the construction industry. Using federal funding from the Susan Harwood Training Grant, the CSC delivers a curriculum covering chemical, physical and biological hazards on the job site.
The program uses plain, non-technical language and offers materials in both English and Spanish. The CSC plans to roll out the new program in late summer, and will offer free training sessions for six instructors prior to the national roll-out. Interested experienced trainers can apply for the train-the-trainer program. For more information on the program, visit the CSC website or call 800-554-7744, ext. 202.
MORE FROM Industry
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]908 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong832 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views