CSC develops new safety training
| June 18, 2010
The Construction Safety Council developed a new train-the-trainer Health Hazards Awareness Program for the construction industry. Using federal funding from the Susan Harwood Training Grant, the CSC delivers a curriculum covering chemical, physical and biological hazards on the job site.
The program uses plain, non-technical language and offers materials in both English and Spanish. The CSC plans to roll out the new program in late summer, and will offer free training sessions for six instructors prior to the national roll-out. Interested experienced trainers can apply for the train-the-trainer program. For more information on the program, visit the CSC website or call 800-554-7744, ext. 202.
MORE FROM Industry
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views