CSC develops new safety training
The Construction Safety Council developed a new train-the-trainer Health Hazards Awareness Program for the construction industry. Using federal funding from the Susan Harwood Training Grant, the CSC delivers a curriculum covering chemical, physical and biological hazards on the job site.
The program uses plain, non-technical language and offers materials in both English and Spanish. The CSC plans to roll out the new program in late summer, and will offer free training sessions for six instructors prior to the national roll-out. Interested experienced trainers can apply for the train-the-trainer program. For more information on the program, visit the CSC website or call 800-554-7744, ext. 202.
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding551 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable392 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views