VIDEO: Craziest Roads in the World
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | August 21, 2013
With two in the United States, the video shows roads that should be reserved for daredevils and stunt crews.
They aren’t just steep – some of them even seem to defy Mother Nature, like this one in Norway. It was hit by 12 hurricanes during its construction. (Hopefully the road contractor had “Acts of God” listed in his contract.)
One in Bolivia is nicknamed “Death Road” because of the 1,800-foot drop-off on the side, which has no guard rails to stop a fall.
To see all of the roads, check out the video to the right.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1475 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority823 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles710 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours503 Views