VIDEO: Craziest Roads in the World
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | August 21, 2013
With two in the United States, the video shows roads that should be reserved for daredevils and stunt crews.
They aren’t just steep – some of them even seem to defy Mother Nature, like this one in Norway. It was hit by 12 hurricanes during its construction. (Hopefully the road contractor had “Acts of God” listed in his contract.)
One in Bolivia is nicknamed “Death Road” because of the 1,800-foot drop-off on the side, which has no guard rails to stop a fall.
To see all of the roads, check out the video to the right.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views