Continental adds load capacity to drive tire
Better Roads Staff | February 26, 2010
Fort Mill, South Carolina, February 10, 2010. Continental Tire the Americas, LLC (“Continental”) has expanded its product offering lineup to include additional load capacity for its long mileage drive tire.
The HDL2® DL (Heavy Drive Long Haul, Deep Lug) tire was introduced in 2009 and, as of January 2010, now includes an offering of load range H in the 11R22.5 size. This additional capacity allows the tire to carry up to an additional 435 pounds of useful load in a single fitment.
The HDL2® DL is produced in Continental’s award-winning Mount Vernon, Ill. plant and features its deepest truck tire tread offering at 32/32” depth, resulting in long original mileage. The HDL2® DL’s closed shoulder tread design provides excellent traction in both wet and dry road conditions and resists irregular wear. An innovative lug angle provides outstanding traction throughout the life of the original tire, and a wider casing increases handling stability.
Continental also featured its patented groove technology on this tire, which reduces stone retention and casing penetrations.
The HDL2® DL can be ordered now through Continental truck tire dealers in the following sizes. To locate a dealer, visit the Continental Web site at www.continental-truck.com.
- 11R22.5 (G and H)
- 275/80R22.5 (G)
- 11R24.5 (G and H)
- 285/75R24.5 (G)
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2265 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority617 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles570 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views