Continental adds load capacity to drive tire
Better Roads Staff | February 26, 2010
Fort Mill, South Carolina, February 10, 2010. Continental Tire the Americas, LLC (“Continental”) has expanded its product offering lineup to include additional load capacity for its long mileage drive tire.
The HDL2® DL (Heavy Drive Long Haul, Deep Lug) tire was introduced in 2009 and, as of January 2010, now includes an offering of load range H in the 11R22.5 size. This additional capacity allows the tire to carry up to an additional 435 pounds of useful load in a single fitment.
The HDL2® DL is produced in Continental’s award-winning Mount Vernon, Ill. plant and features its deepest truck tire tread offering at 32/32” depth, resulting in long original mileage. The HDL2® DL’s closed shoulder tread design provides excellent traction in both wet and dry road conditions and resists irregular wear. An innovative lug angle provides outstanding traction throughout the life of the original tire, and a wider casing increases handling stability.
Continental also featured its patented groove technology on this tire, which reduces stone retention and casing penetrations.
The HDL2® DL can be ordered now through Continental truck tire dealers in the following sizes. To locate a dealer, visit the Continental Web site at www.continental-truck.com.
- 11R22.5 (G and H)
- 275/80R22.5 (G)
- 11R24.5 (G and H)
- 285/75R24.5 (G)
MORE FROM Boomerang
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views