Construction worker killed while laying asphalt
Brian Ethridge | August 19, 2014
John Garner, 52, was killed while construction crews were laying asphalt in Batesville, Arkansas. Authorities say Garner was helping with the construction when a piece of equipment flipped and rolled on top of him.
The accident took place at the intersection of Highland and East Main in Batesville. He was pronounced dead at White River Medical Center.
Deaths to construction workers are becoming an all-too-common occurrence. A similar death happened in New York when a 62-year-old worker died when equipment fell off a pallet and landed on him.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views