Construction worker killed while laying asphalt
Brian Ethridge | August 19, 2014
John Garner, 52, was killed while construction crews were laying asphalt in Batesville, Arkansas. Authorities say Garner was helping with the construction when a piece of equipment flipped and rolled on top of him.
The accident took place at the intersection of Highland and East Main in Batesville. He was pronounced dead at White River Medical Center.
Deaths to construction workers are becoming an all-too-common occurrence. A similar death happened in New York when a 62-year-old worker died when equipment fell off a pallet and landed on him.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1023 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets948 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway676 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?639 Views
- Ohio to start largest single construction project in state history357 Views