Construction worker killed while laying asphalt
Brian Ethridge | August 19, 2014
John Garner, 52, was killed while construction crews were laying asphalt in Batesville, Arkansas. Authorities say Garner was helping with the construction when a piece of equipment flipped and rolled on top of him.
The accident took place at the intersection of Highland and East Main in Batesville. He was pronounced dead at White River Medical Center.
Deaths to construction workers are becoming an all-too-common occurrence. A similar death happened in New York when a 62-year-old worker died when equipment fell off a pallet and landed on him.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views