Construction worker killed while laying asphalt
Brian Ethridge | August 19, 2014
John Garner, 52, was killed while construction crews were laying asphalt in Batesville, Arkansas. Authorities say Garner was helping with the construction when a piece of equipment flipped and rolled on top of him.
The accident took place at the intersection of Highland and East Main in Batesville. He was pronounced dead at White River Medical Center.
Deaths to construction workers are becoming an all-too-common occurrence. A similar death happened in New York when a 62-year-old worker died when equipment fell off a pallet and landed on him.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress228 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?210 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views