Construction worker killed in Alabama work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2014
A construction worker died early Friday morning after a vehicle struck him in a highway work zone in Hoover, Alabama, AL.com reports.
The incident occurred on Interstate 459, the location of an Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) paving project.
AL.com reports that the victim was working in the center northound lane when an elderly man struck the construction worker and left the scene.
The report comes just weeks after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and the workers in them.
The report notes that as of Friday afternoon, the crash was still under investigation.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier273 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver264 Views
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker261 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase131 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges123 Views