Construction worker killed in Alabama work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2014
A construction worker died early Friday morning after a vehicle struck him in a highway work zone in Hoover, Alabama, AL.com reports.
The incident occurred on Interstate 459, the location of an Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) paving project.
AL.com reports that the victim was working in the center northound lane when an elderly man struck the construction worker and left the scene.
The report comes just weeks after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and the workers in them.
The report notes that as of Friday afternoon, the crash was still under investigation.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1584 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1022 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets993 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?635 Views