Construction worker killed in Alabama work zone crash
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2014
A construction worker died early Friday morning after a vehicle struck him in a highway work zone in Hoover, Alabama, AL.com reports.
The incident occurred on Interstate 459, the location of an Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) paving project.
AL.com reports that the victim was working in the center northound lane when an elderly man struck the construction worker and left the scene.
The report comes just weeks after National Work Zone Awareness Week, during which transportation agencies and highway advocates promoted awareness of highway construction zones and the workers in them.
The report notes that as of Friday afternoon, the crash was still under investigation.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles974 Views
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident965 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse737 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments286 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?275 Views