Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 18, 2011
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Economics
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency493 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs343 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013250 Views