Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 18, 2011
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- VIDEO: Country music star Kip Moore's ballad for the construction industry 278 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views