Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 18, 2011
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges366 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress243 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college240 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?200 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road129 Views