Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 18, 2011
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Firearms to be used for road construction775 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events689 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes598 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines537 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up466 Views