Construction unemployment drops to 15.6 percent in June, ABC says
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 18, 2011
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that despite a loss of 9,000 jobs in June, the construction industry unemployment rate dropped to 15.6 percent – the lowest level since December 2008, according to the July 8 employment report by the U.S. Labor Department.
Meanwhile, the construction industry has added 2,000 jobs compared to the same time last year, according to the ABC report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2228 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority615 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles562 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views