Construction industry loses 7,000 jobs in March
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2012
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that construction industry lost 7,000 jobs in March, inching the unemployment rate up to 17.2 percent from 17.1 percent in February, according to the April 6 Department of Labor employment report.
Year over year, construction industry unemployment is down compared to the March 2011 rate of 20 percent. The industry added 55,000 jobs over the past 12 months, ABC says in an April 6 Construction Economic Update.
MORE FROM Economics
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier258 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative105 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views