Construction industry loses 7,000 jobs in March
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 6, 2012
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that construction industry lost 7,000 jobs in March, inching the unemployment rate up to 17.2 percent from 17.1 percent in February, according to the April 6 Department of Labor employment report.
Year over year, construction industry unemployment is down compared to the March 2011 rate of 20 percent. The industry added 55,000 jobs over the past 12 months, ABC says in an April 6 Construction Economic Update.
MORE FROM Economics
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax709 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party422 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete262 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax243 Views