Construction industry loses 7,000 jobs in March
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) reports that construction industry lost 7,000 jobs in March, inching the unemployment rate up to 17.2 percent from 17.1 percent in February, according to the April 6 Department of Labor employment report.
Year over year, construction industry unemployment is down compared to the March 2011 rate of 20 percent. The industry added 55,000 jobs over the past 12 months, ABC says in an April 6 Construction Economic Update.
MORE FROM Economics
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1545 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers451 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge436 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012398 Views
- Private money: A funding wildcard in 2014285 Views