Congress passes continuing resolution, extends highway bill through Dec. 18
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 30, 2009
Congress has passed a continuing resolution (CR) through Dec. 18, and contained in the CR is an extension of the current highway bill to keep it running through that date, according to a special legislative update from the National Stone Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
SAFETEA-LU expired on Sept. 30, and Congress passed an extension through Oct. 31.
MORE FROM Uncategorized
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier256 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views