Congestion fighting then; and now.
John Latta | October 11, 2010
You knew these stories were coming. There have surely been others already that I have missed. They address the question: what do we do now, now that there isn’t enough money for those grand congestion fighting highway expansion plans we had?
This time its Atlanta looking for ways to scale back a massive expansion plan but still remain effective in attacking congestion. Less lanes than planned, of course, and tolling. And the Atlanta planners certainly won’t be the last in trying to address this impossible equation. Check out the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story on this one. And save it somewhere because some day, somewhere, when you least expect it, someone may just walk up to you and ask you how to solve the same problem in your neck of the woods.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths731 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers596 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road524 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines463 Views
- Jason Carter pushing for transportation sales tax330 Views