Congestion fighting then; and now.
You knew these stories were coming. There have surely been others already that I have missed. They address the question: what do we do now, now that there isn’t enough money for those grand congestion fighting highway expansion plans we had?
This time its Atlanta looking for ways to scale back a massive expansion plan but still remain effective in attacking congestion. Less lanes than planned, of course, and tolling. And the Atlanta planners certainly won’t be the last in trying to address this impossible equation. Check out the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story on this one. And save it somewhere because some day, somewhere, when you least expect it, someone may just walk up to you and ask you how to solve the same problem in your neck of the woods.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views