Congestion fighting then; and now.
You knew these stories were coming. There have surely been others already that I have missed. They address the question: what do we do now, now that there isn’t enough money for those grand congestion fighting highway expansion plans we had?
This time its Atlanta looking for ways to scale back a massive expansion plan but still remain effective in attacking congestion. Less lanes than planned, of course, and tolling. And the Atlanta planners certainly won’t be the last in trying to address this impossible equation. Check out the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story on this one. And save it somewhere because some day, somewhere, when you least expect it, someone may just walk up to you and ask you how to solve the same problem in your neck of the woods.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views