Chicago area procures $100 million in TIGER grants
The five projects funded by the TIGER grant are the following:
•Construction of the Union Pacific Third Mainline-Proviso Yard.
•Installation of a traffic control system at La Grange/Broadview.
•Signalization of Blue Island Yard Running Tracks.
•Construction of a highway-rail grade separation structure at Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Company and CSX Transportation, Inc. grade crossing at 71st Street.
•Fourteen roadway/sidewalk/curb projects as part of the Viaduct Improvement Program to enhance safety and security for motorists and pedestrians.
Overall, the CREATE program includes more than 46 rail and 25 highway-rail grade separation projects that involve restructuring, modernizing and expanding freight and passenger rail and constructing new highway-rail grade separations in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Mendez added that the program supports President Obama’s National Export Initiative to double the nation’s exports in five years.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects668 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)394 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)380 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views