Chevy Silverado named 2013 Fleet Truck of the Year
Amanda Bayhi | December 30, 2013
Automotive and Business Fleet magazine has named 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 as the 2013 Fleet Truck of the Year, according to a report from our sister site Hard Working Trucks.
The winner is selected each year by qualified fleet managers from all industry segments and fleet sizes.
The truck was redesigned for 2014, featuring a CornerStep bumper with handholds built into the box rail, upper tie-down hooks, under-rail LED lighting and an EZ Lift and Lower tailgate.
Powered by a standard 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V-6 engine the pickup delivers a 2,108-pound payload rating and a best-in-class, 7,600-pound tow rating.
A 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V-8 engine is also available, offering an EPA–estimated fuel economy of up to 23 mpg highway for 2WD models.
For more details, read the full report at HardWorkingTrucks.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views