Chevy Silverado named 2013 Fleet Truck of the Year
Amanda Bayhi | December 30, 2013
Automotive and Business Fleet magazine has named 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 as the 2013 Fleet Truck of the Year, according to a report from our sister site Hard Working Trucks.
The winner is selected each year by qualified fleet managers from all industry segments and fleet sizes.
The truck was redesigned for 2014, featuring a CornerStep bumper with handholds built into the box rail, upper tie-down hooks, under-rail LED lighting and an EZ Lift and Lower tailgate.
Powered by a standard 4.3-liter EcoTec3 V-6 engine the pickup delivers a 2,108-pound payload rating and a best-in-class, 7,600-pound tow rating.
A 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V-8 engine is also available, offering an EPA–estimated fuel economy of up to 23 mpg highway for 2WD models.
For more details, read the full report at HardWorkingTrucks.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress225 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?209 Views
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure205 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road138 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views