Cemex Q2 2010 results: $306 million loss
Cemex posted a second-quarter net loss of $306 million on July 27, worse than analysts’ expectations, as the world’s No. 3 cement maker struggled with weak sales in the United States and Europe, Reuters reported.
The report noted that seven analysts polled by the new organization had forecast a profit of $84 million for the quarter. Cemex reported a profit of $186.5 million in the April to June period last year.
Cemex said second-quarter revenue fell 3 percent from a year earlier to $3.8 billion. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization fell 13 percent to $664 million.
MORE FROM Economics
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects470 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports435 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says252 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers217 Views