Cemex Q2 2010 results: $306 million loss
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 27, 2010
Cemex posted a second-quarter net loss of $306 million on July 27, worse than analysts’ expectations, as the world’s No. 3 cement maker struggled with weak sales in the United States and Europe, Reuters reported.
The report noted that seven analysts polled by the new organization had forecast a profit of $84 million for the quarter. Cemex reported a profit of $186.5 million in the April to June period last year.
Cemex said second-quarter revenue fell 3 percent from a year earlier to $3.8 billion. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization fell 13 percent to $664 million.
MORE FROM Economics
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong961 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]950 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction390 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair377 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker341 Views