CatUsed, dealers plan equipment sale at NASCAR race
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 26, 2010
CatUsed.cat.com and regional Cat dealers will hold the first ever Cat used equipment sale in conjunction with a NASCAR race.
Regional Cat dealers — Carolina Cat, Blanchard Machinery, Carter Machinery and Gregory Poole Equipment — and Cat Used Equipment Services will display more than 40 Cat machines adjacent to the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
All will be available for purchase during Bank of America 500 Week, Oct. 14 to 16, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily — concurrent with Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series races at the track. The sale also will include systems to view the entire Cat dealer used equipment inventory on Catused.cat.com, which offers the largest selection of used Cat machines on the Web.
Caterpillar is the primary sponsor of the No. 31 Cat car driven by Jeff Burton in the premier level of NASCAR racing, the Sprint Cup Series. In support of the used equipment sale, the car will sport a special CatUsed paint scheme throughout the race week.
The sales event is open to the general public. Caterpillar is encouraging NASCAR fans involved in purchasing equipment to stop by the sale located just outside the track at turn 2. Cat Financial and Cat Insurance representatives will be on hand to help as will representatives from the four regional Cat dealers.
For more information, customers should go to http://catracing.cat.com/news.
MORE FROM Industry
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2178 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1271 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority635 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles627 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views