Caterpillar updates GovBidSpec.com with simplified navigation, enhanced resources
Amanda Bayhi | August 7, 2013
Caterpillar has updated GovBidSpec.com to provide faster and easier access to information for governmental buyers.
To make navigation easier, Caterpillar simplified the navigation menu with boxes that take visitors directly to information about Cat products, bid specifications, procurement tools, dealer support and more.
The company also enhanced the site’s resources by including educational materials and Life Cycle Costing content, plus information about saving time, controlling costs and reducing risk with cooperative purchasing contracts.
Other GovBidSpec.com features include up-to-date resources such as white papers, articles and case studies. Later in 2013, the site will include a digital RFP builder that allows governmental buyers to request total cost information from bidders.
A newsletter is also available. Users can sign up to receive emailed news about their industries.
Check out the updated website at GovBidSpec.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2173 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...943 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house585 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views