Caterpillar updates GovBidSpec.com with simplified navigation, enhanced resources
Amanda Bayhi | August 7, 2013
Caterpillar has updated GovBidSpec.com to provide faster and easier access to information for governmental buyers.
To make navigation easier, Caterpillar simplified the navigation menu with boxes that take visitors directly to information about Cat products, bid specifications, procurement tools, dealer support and more.
The company also enhanced the site’s resources by including educational materials and Life Cycle Costing content, plus information about saving time, controlling costs and reducing risk with cooperative purchasing contracts.
Other GovBidSpec.com features include up-to-date resources such as white papers, articles and case studies. Later in 2013, the site will include a digital RFP builder that allows governmental buyers to request total cost information from bidders.
A newsletter is also available. Users can sign up to receive emailed news about their industries.
Check out the updated website at GovBidSpec.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident953 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views