Caterpillar: Symmetrical housing design allows 180-degree rotation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 3, 2011
Caterpillar introduces four E Series Hammer models — H110Es, H115Es, H120Es and H130Es — for use on small and medium excavators and the Cat 450E Backhoe Loader. The hammer series feature a new symmetrical housing design, which allows rotating the housing 180 degrees to compensate for wear, effectively extending the life of the housing.
The lower portion incorporates “rock edges” that add protection to the housing in abusive applications. An optional wear package is available to further enhance hammer durability in severe applications. A curved front and back profile eliminates stress points and transfers forces to the bottom of the hammer. One-piece side plates eliminate the center joint and weld. An automatic shutoff feature instantly stops the hammer when the tool breaks through material.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles917 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse712 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side552 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments303 Views