Caterpillar: Symmetrical housing design allows 180-degree rotation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 3, 2011
Caterpillar introduces four E Series Hammer models — H110Es, H115Es, H120Es and H130Es — for use on small and medium excavators and the Cat 450E Backhoe Loader. The hammer series feature a new symmetrical housing design, which allows rotating the housing 180 degrees to compensate for wear, effectively extending the life of the housing.
The lower portion incorporates “rock edges” that add protection to the housing in abusive applications. An optional wear package is available to further enhance hammer durability in severe applications. A curved front and back profile eliminates stress points and transfers forces to the bottom of the hammer. One-piece side plates eliminate the center joint and weld. An automatic shutoff feature instantly stops the hammer when the tool breaks through material.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system480 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass192 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run188 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues124 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects121 Views