Caterpillar CEO presents company's five-year goals
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | August 19, 2010
Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman reviewed the company’s updated five-year strategy and goals with analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange Thursday.
He expressed confidence during his presentation about Caterpillar’s growth opportunities throughout the world and the company’s strategic focus on operational execution. He highlighted a series of recent investments, totaling more than $2.5 billion that will position Caterpillar to expand rapidly.
Their primary goals are focused on delivering superior results, developing the best team of people and becoming the global leader everywhere they do business.
The Caterpillar Production System is the primary enabler of the company’s plan to execute the updated strategy. CPS already has resulted in gains in product quality, cost savings and employee safety. The company’s improved financial performance will allow them to continue making these strategic long-term investments.
Oberhelman’s presentation was the first he had given to analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange since first becoming Caterpillar’s CEO.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?197 Views