Caterpillar CEO presents company's five-year goals
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | August 19, 2010
Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman reviewed the company’s updated five-year strategy and goals with analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange Thursday.
He expressed confidence during his presentation about Caterpillar’s growth opportunities throughout the world and the company’s strategic focus on operational execution. He highlighted a series of recent investments, totaling more than $2.5 billion that will position Caterpillar to expand rapidly.
Their primary goals are focused on delivering superior results, developing the best team of people and becoming the global leader everywhere they do business.
The Caterpillar Production System is the primary enabler of the company’s plan to execute the updated strategy. CPS already has resulted in gains in product quality, cost savings and employee safety. The company’s improved financial performance will allow them to continue making these strategic long-term investments.
Oberhelman’s presentation was the first he had given to analysts and investors at the New York Stock Exchange since first becoming Caterpillar’s CEO.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system487 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass198 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run188 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects130 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues126 Views