Caterpillar and dealer Ring Power sign agreement with APR Energy
Caterpillar dealer Ring Power and APR Energy plc have signed an agreement to develop temporary power solutions globally to meet the needs of the growing international power projects (IPP) market, especially in the emerging markets.
The five-year agreement. publicly announced on Sept. 29, centers on APR working with Caterpillar, Ring Power and the Cat dealer network to originate and respond to temporary power plant opportunities.
As part of the agreement, Caterpillar will supply mobile generator sets through Ring Power to APR Energy, including the new XQ2000 and XQ1475G power designed specifically for the international power projects market.
According to Caterpillar, APR will benefit from an increased flow of temporary power plant opportunities and from clear visibility of an integrated supply line to fulfill on its diesel and gas engine requirements, and Caterpillar will benefit from an increased presence, on a global basis, in the IPP market.
“We are pleased to be working with Ring Power and APR Energy as we expand
our growth in the international power projects business,” Bill Rohner, Caterpillar
vice president with responsibility for electric power, said in a written statement. “APR’s experience in temporary power solutions, Caterpillar’s engineering and product expertise and Ring Power’s rental experience will enable us to better serve our customers.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding551 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable403 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views