Caterpillar 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison Award
Amanda Bayhi | April 30, 2013
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
Caterpillar received the award last week in Chicago, Illinois. This is Caterpillar’s first nomination and first year winning an Edison Award.
According to the awards’ website, the Edison Awards, named after Thomas Alva Edison, honor “the best in innovation and excellence in the development of new products and services.”
Caterpillar’s new hydrualic hybrid tech gave the 336E H the innovation necessary to win the award. The techology offers 25-percent fuel savings over the excavator’s non-hybrid counterpart and up to 50-percent fuel savings over the 336D.
For more information about Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving346 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness289 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options274 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget218 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River204 Views