Caterpillar 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison Award
Amanda Bayhi | April 30, 2013
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
Caterpillar received the award last week in Chicago, Illinois. This is Caterpillar’s first nomination and first year winning an Edison Award.
According to the awards’ website, the Edison Awards, named after Thomas Alva Edison, honor “the best in innovation and excellence in the development of new products and services.”
Caterpillar’s new hydrualic hybrid tech gave the 336E H the innovation necessary to win the award. The techology offers 25-percent fuel savings over the excavator’s non-hybrid counterpart and up to 50-percent fuel savings over the 336D.
For more information about Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views