Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
Marcia Gruver Doyle | June 24, 2010
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1073 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events598 Views
- Bridge or Landscape? You be the Judge406 Views
- 3 strategies for balancing safety and roadside weed control266 Views
- Bursting bubble of big tobacco financing gives glimpse of road building’s future without a gas tax increase239 Views