Cat, Wacker Neuson in compact excavator alliance
Marcia Gruver Doyle | June 24, 2010
In a just signed agreement, Caterpillar will use Wacker Neuson to develop and manufacturer its compact excavators under 3 metric tons starting in mid 2011.
Under the 20-year agreement, three current Cat compact machines will be produced in Wacker Neuson’s Linz, Austria, production plant. Caterpillar plans to extend the model range up to seven machines, starting with a .8-metric-ton unit. The excavators will be distributed by Cat’s global dealer network, with the exception of Japan. The Cat models will “be clearly differentiated” from comparable Wacker Neuson models in the same product range.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident933 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?564 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds559 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side514 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes455 Views