Cat sells $3.4 million of heavy equipment in auction
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | December 8, 2010
Cat Auction Services sold more than $3.4 million of heavy equipment during an unreserved public auction held at the Ziegler Cat dealership in Columbus, Minnesota, this week.
More than 165 bidders registered onsite, and 340 bidders registered online for the auction. These bidders were from 36 states and eight countries, and they competed for 133 lots.
Onsite bidders participated with an auction-theater setup and Leaderboard, while nearly two-thirds of the total bidders participated remotely via the company’s online bidding tool.
Cat Auction Services entered the heavy equipment auction arena in late 2008 and has been active across the country. The auctions have drawn buyers from 49 states and nearly 40 countries.
Auction results are available to all registered bidders on catauctions.com. Cat Auctions will begin the 2011 year with an inaugural auction in Los Angeles on Feb. 8 at the Pomona Fairplex and Las Vegas on Feb. 11. Thirteen auctions are tentatively scheduled in 2011 with more to follow.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles907 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse710 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side550 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views