Cat sells $3.4 million of heavy equipment in auction
Cat Auction Services sold more than $3.4 million of heavy equipment during an unreserved public auction held at the Ziegler Cat dealership in Columbus, Minnesota, this week.
More than 165 bidders registered onsite, and 340 bidders registered online for the auction. These bidders were from 36 states and eight countries, and they competed for 133 lots.
Onsite bidders participated with an auction-theater setup and Leaderboard, while nearly two-thirds of the total bidders participated remotely via the company’s online bidding tool.
Cat Auction Services entered the heavy equipment auction arena in late 2008 and has been active across the country. The auctions have drawn buyers from 49 states and nearly 40 countries.
Auction results are available to all registered bidders on catauctions.com. Cat Auctions will begin the 2011 year with an inaugural auction in Los Angeles on Feb. 8 at the Pomona Fairplex and Las Vegas on Feb. 11. Thirteen auctions are tentatively scheduled in 2011 with more to follow.
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)804 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects570 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D286 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign266 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says263 Views