Cat promotes chief legal officer to senior VP
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 14, 2011
Caterpillar’s Board of Directors has appointed James B. Buda, currently vice president and chief legal officer, to the position of senior vice president.
In 2010, Caterpillar updated its corporate strategy and also took steps to streamline its corporate structure. At that time, Buda, who has served as Caterpillar’s vice president and general counsel since 2001, began reporting directly to Caterpillar Chairman and CEO Doug Oberhelman.
“Given the global breadth of responsibilities for the position and the reporting relationship with the chairman and CEO, it is appropriate to elevate this position,” Oberhelman said. “Jim’s [Buda] responsibilities include managing Caterpillar’s legal and compliance risk around the world, directing governmental affairs activities and serving as a key advisor to our senior executive leadership team and our Board of Directors,” Oberhelman added.
Buda became Caterpillar’s senior vice president effective as of Feb. 9, 2011.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!118 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views