Cat gets non-road Tier 4 certification
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 20, 2010
Caterpillar’s C13 ACERT and C15 ACERT engines received the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emissions certification. The engines are the latest to receive certification in the 130 to 560 kilowatt power category.
These engines, in addition to the previously announced certified C9.3 ACERT engine families, will power a number of Cat products such as mid-range track-type tractors, motor graders and hydraulic excavators.
It is projected that Caterpillar will accumulate nearly one million hours of testing on Tier 4 Interim engines and machines by the end of 2010.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse441 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views