Cat gets non-road Tier 4 certification
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 20, 2010
Caterpillar’s C13 ACERT and C15 ACERT engines received the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emissions certification. The engines are the latest to receive certification in the 130 to 560 kilowatt power category.
These engines, in addition to the previously announced certified C9.3 ACERT engine families, will power a number of Cat products such as mid-range track-type tractors, motor graders and hydraulic excavators.
It is projected that Caterpillar will accumulate nearly one million hours of testing on Tier 4 Interim engines and machines by the end of 2010.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1063 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1032 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse736 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?309 Views
- VIDEO: Watch time-lapse of I-84 bridge replacement304 Views