Cat gets non-road Tier 4 certification
Caterpillar’s C13 ACERT and C15 ACERT engines received the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emissions certification. The engines are the latest to receive certification in the 130 to 560 kilowatt power category.
These engines, in addition to the previously announced certified C9.3 ACERT engine families, will power a number of Cat products such as mid-range track-type tractors, motor graders and hydraulic excavators.
It is projected that Caterpillar will accumulate nearly one million hours of testing on Tier 4 Interim engines and machines by the end of 2010.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014575 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding516 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable373 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future331 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields274 Views