Cat dealers continue to aid in Oklahoma tornado recovery effort
Warren Cat, a Caterpillar dealer that helped first responders after a tornado flattened Moore, Oklahoma, on May 20, has continued to help with recovery efforts in the area, according to a report from our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
Immediately following the tornado, Warren Cat, along with dealers Foley and Holt Cat, offered power modules, excavators, generator sets and light towers to the town.
Now the dealers are continuing to help by providing construction equipment to help clean up debris that is still scattered.
In addition to the equipment for cleanup, Warren Cat and Holt Cat provided generators for the Toby Keith Twister Relief concert, which helped raise more than $3.3 million for United Way of Central Oklahoma’s tornado relief fund.
The company noted that some customers of all three dealers are working to install underground storm shelters, while the city is considering increasing building standards that would require new homes and buildings include a storm shelter or safe room.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014575 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding516 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable373 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future331 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields274 Views