25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 2, 2013
Caterpillar’s four D Series skid steers, replacements for their B3, C and C2 Series predecessors, now have a standard sealed and pressurized, one-piece modular construction cab, as “Cab-One.”
The series also has a lift-arm design for improved sight lines, along with increased engine performance.
The D Series large-frame 246D and 262D models have operating capacities of 2,150 and 2,700 pounds, respectively. The 236D, 242D, 246D and 262D feature an electronically controlled 3.3-liter engine that meets Tier 4 Final emissions standards.
The Cat C3.3B engine provides 74 horsepower with 8 percent more torque and a 6 percent increase in fuel economy compared to the previous models.
For more information on the D Series skid steers, along with three new Cat D Series compact track loaders (CTLs) and three new Cat D Series multi-terrain loaders (MTL), click here.
Editor’s note: We’re sharing all of our Top RollOuts throughout the month of December. To see them all, check out our 25 Days of RollOuts.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion209 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September178 Views