Cat CT660 vocational truck OK'd for shipment
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 28, 2011
The new Caterpillar CT660 Vocational Truck, officially announced at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 tradeshow in March, has passed all requirements of the Caterpillar rigorous new product introduction process and is approved for shipment to customers. The CT660 has been in limited production since June, with the first units off the line used to validate manufacturing procedures and to ensure that the CT660 meets the high standards of quality customers expect from Cat products. Customer deliveries of CT660 Vocational Trucks began in September.
Caterpillar will continue ramping up CT660 production through the third quarter in order to fill customer orders, Cat dealer rental fleets, and dealer inventory. Most of the manufacturer’s dealers in North America have held or plan to hold open house events in order to introduce customers to the CT660 and explain how the trucks can be configured to meet their demanding vocational applications, Cat says.
Better Roads editors were at the introduction of the new vocational truck at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 and at a special press event when the trucks began to ship.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views