Cat CT660 vocational truck OK’d for shipment
The new Caterpillar CT660 Vocational Truck, officially announced at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 tradeshow in March, has passed all requirements of the Caterpillar rigorous new product introduction process and is approved for shipment to customers. The CT660 has been in limited production since June, with the first units off the line used to validate manufacturing procedures and to ensure that the CT660 meets the high standards of quality customers expect from Cat products. Customer deliveries of CT660 Vocational Trucks began in September.
Caterpillar will continue ramping up CT660 production through the third quarter in order to fill customer orders, Cat dealer rental fleets, and dealer inventory. Most of the manufacturer’s dealers in North America have held or plan to hold open house events in order to introduce customers to the CT660 and explain how the trucks can be configured to meet their demanding vocational applications, Cat says.
Better Roads editors were at the introduction of the new vocational truck at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011 and at a special press event when the trucks began to ship.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects653 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)388 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D385 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)346 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots246 Views