Cat acquires Bucyrus for $8.6 billion
Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. for $8.6 billion, including net debt.
The acquisition is part of Cat’s “key strategic imperative to expand its leadership in the mining equipment industry.”
Caterpillar says the acquisition will also help it “capitalize on the robust long-term outlook for commodities” that’s being driven by rapid growth in emerging markets that are improving infrastructure, rapidly developing urban areas and industrializing their economies.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2011. Caterpillar intends to
locate its mining business headquarters in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where Bucyrus
headquarters is currently located, and maintain the Bucyrus brand for the principal
Bucyrus legacy products.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)805 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects648 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D391 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)302 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots290 Views