Case forms strategic partnership with Leica Geosystems for machine control tech
Amanda Bayhi | April 1, 2014
The partnership is part of a global alliance between CNH Industrial and Leica Geosystems.
As part of the agreement, Case and Leica Geosystems have committed to shared product development.
The agreement allows Case to integrate Leica Geosystems solutions and other machine control technology from the factory on Case equipment. It provides the opportunity for both factory installed and aftermarket options.
“Thanks to this partnership with Leica Geosystems, we can look at our equipment from step one and determine the best ways to integrate machine control and other technologies into each machine” said Jim Hasler, Case Construction Equipment, NAFTA, “By doing this early in the development process, and working directly with the Leica Geosystems engineering team, we’ll be able to provide grading and earthmoving contractors with entirely new levels of productivity and efficiency.”
Case retains the ability to work with all major machine control providers.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress158 Views
- SDLG to make backhoes, motor graders; machines will no longer have Volvo brand137 Views