Case 521F wheel loader offers 12-percent increase in fuel efficiency
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 24, 2013
Case Construction Equipment’s new 521F wheel loader, introduced at World of Concrete, provides a 12-percent increase in fuel efficiency from the previous E Series model. The machine is available in standard Z-bar, extended reach and tool-carrier models.
Case chose selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology for the 521F to meet Tier 4 Interim emissions standards based on the machine’s application tasks and power demands. The wheel loader offers optional heavy-duty axles with auto-locking front and open rear differentials. They are the same design as the manufacturer’s larger F series wheel loader axles, including metal face seals and sintered bronze brake linings.
On a 50-meter loading and dumping cycle, Case estimates the 521F wheel loader can make up to 56 cycles per hour, moving up to 144 cubic yards or 212 tons of material per hour.
MORE FROM Industry
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving348 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget228 Views