Case 521F wheel loader offers 12-percent increase in fuel efficiency
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 24, 2013
Case Construction Equipment’s new 521F wheel loader, introduced at World of Concrete, provides a 12-percent increase in fuel efficiency from the previous E Series model. The machine is available in standard Z-bar, extended reach and tool-carrier models.
Case chose selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology for the 521F to meet Tier 4 Interim emissions standards based on the machine’s application tasks and power demands. The wheel loader offers optional heavy-duty axles with auto-locking front and open rear differentials. They are the same design as the manufacturer’s larger F series wheel loader axles, including metal face seals and sintered bronze brake linings.
On a 50-meter loading and dumping cycle, Case estimates the 521F wheel loader can make up to 56 cycles per hour, moving up to 144 cubic yards or 212 tons of material per hour.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!117 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201393 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views