CARB: Vouchers worth $40K toward hybrid truck purchase
The program’s first year received an award in September 2010 as the country’s top emerging state energy efficiency program from American Council for a Fuel-Efficient Economy. The Hybrid Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Program was one of 18 top programs from 14 states.
CARB is encouraging air districts to contribute to the program to further accelerate the presence of hybrid trucks and buses in their respective districts.
The South Coast Air Quality Management District, for example, has contributed $1.4 million to help fleets purchase hybrid trucks and buses in its own region.
Hybrid vehicles reduce smog-forming and greenhouse gas emissions and help California meet health-based clean air standards and climate change goals.
For more information regarding the voucher incentive program that details a full list of eligible vehicles and more, visit www.californiahvip.com.
For the press release from CARB on this initiative, go to http://www.arb.ca.gov/newsrel/newsrelease.php?id=189.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)380 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views