CARB amends reefer rule for certain engines
Better Roads Staff
California Air Resources Board (CARB) has amended the Transportation Refrigeration Unit Regulation for carriers that acted in advance of the deadline for compliance.
The reefer rule mandates upgrades or replacement of reefer engines to meet low-emission TRU standards by Dec. 31 of the seventh year after the model year of the reefer unit.
Under CARB’s amendment, owners of model year 2003 and older reefer engines that met low-emission reefer standards by Dec. 31, 2008, won’t have to meet ultra-low reefer standards until Dec. 31, 2016, a year later than previously required.
CARB fines for TRU violations range from up to $500 for each occurrence up to $1,000.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)805 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects573 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D286 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign266 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says263 Views