CARB amends reefer rule for certain engines
Better Roads Staff | October 26, 2011
California Air Resources Board (CARB) has amended the Transportation Refrigeration Unit Regulation for carriers that acted in advance of the deadline for compliance.
The reefer rule mandates upgrades or replacement of reefer engines to meet low-emission TRU standards by Dec. 31 of the seventh year after the model year of the reefer unit.
Under CARB’s amendment, owners of model year 2003 and older reefer engines that met low-emission reefer standards by Dec. 31, 2008, won’t have to meet ultra-low reefer standards until Dec. 31, 2016, a year later than previously required.
CARB fines for TRU violations range from up to $500 for each occurrence up to $1,000.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?447 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group193 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders155 Views