CARB amends reefer rule for certain engines
Better Roads Staff
California Air Resources Board (CARB) has amended the Transportation Refrigeration Unit Regulation for carriers that acted in advance of the deadline for compliance.
The reefer rule mandates upgrades or replacement of reefer engines to meet low-emission TRU standards by Dec. 31 of the seventh year after the model year of the reefer unit.
Under CARB’s amendment, owners of model year 2003 and older reefer engines that met low-emission reefer standards by Dec. 31, 2008, won’t have to meet ultra-low reefer standards until Dec. 31, 2016, a year later than previously required.
CARB fines for TRU violations range from up to $500 for each occurrence up to $1,000.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Airline surprises passengers by granting Christmas wishes1544 Views
- You shouldn’t be a roadbuilder if…632 Views
- Transportation officials break ground on $1.3 billion Highway 91 expansion project in California372 Views
- VIDEO: Rapid-set cement helps rehab seven overpasses, one bridge in St. Louis313 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014306 Views