CARB amends reefer rule for certain engines
Better Roads Staff | October 26, 2011
California Air Resources Board (CARB) has amended the Transportation Refrigeration Unit Regulation for carriers that acted in advance of the deadline for compliance.
The reefer rule mandates upgrades or replacement of reefer engines to meet low-emission TRU standards by Dec. 31 of the seventh year after the model year of the reefer unit.
Under CARB’s amendment, owners of model year 2003 and older reefer engines that met low-emission reefer standards by Dec. 31, 2008, won’t have to meet ultra-low reefer standards until Dec. 31, 2016, a year later than previously required.
CARB fines for TRU violations range from up to $500 for each occurrence up to $1,000.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?1400 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax580 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards477 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund393 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete258 Views