Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 8, 2011
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges388 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory340 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress232 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?186 Views