Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 8, 2011
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong862 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views