Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 8, 2011
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving416 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice362 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness296 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options289 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget228 Views