Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)474 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views