Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 8, 2011
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure221 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?82 Views