Caltrans awards Granite $59 million project in CA
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 8, 2011
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has awarded Granite Construction Inc. a $59 million contract by to reconstruct a section of Interstate 5 (I-5) near Sacramento. Granite booked the project into its first quarter 2011 backlog.
Scope of the project includes reconstruction of 17.2 miles of I-5 from the San Joaquin County Line to Florin Road. The project also calls for the addition of a new paved median, concrete barrier and pavement rehabilitation using asphalt concrete and concrete pavement. The majority of materials will be provided by Granite’s Bradshaw, Elkhorn and Capay facilities.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker274 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes169 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges150 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon120 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America117 Views