CA Dump Truck Owners Association sues CARB
Rob McClernon, CDTOA president and small business owner, noted that, “Food on the table, a roof over your head, and healthcare for your family are just as important if not more than nominally cleaner air. From what I can tell, joblessness is far more unhealthy than the air we breathe anywhere in this state today.”
In 1994, the U.S. Congress explicitly acted to retain sole oversight over motor carriers in the United States in order to prevent state agencies from over regulating these motor carriers. The FAAAA specifically prohibits any state or any political subdivision from enacting or enforcing any regulation related to the price, route, or service of a motor carrier.
No statement was available from CARB at the time of this posting.
Additional articles and resources:
- To view the press release on CDTOA suing CARB, click here.
- For a downloadable PDF of the CDTOA vs. CARB summons, click here.
- For a downable PDF of the CDTOA complaint against CARB, click here.
- For the “On Record” editorial in Equipment World magazine by Editorial Director/Editor-in-Chief Marcia M. Gruver Doyle about CARB delaying its ruling, go to http://www.equipmentworld.com/on-record-10/.
- For the “On Record” editorial in Equipment World magazine by Editorial Director/Editor-in-Chief Marcia M. Gruver Doyle about CARB admitting that it overestimated the average annual activity of the top types of equipment used in the state and overstated its off-highway machine population numbers by 32 percent — and the engine load factors it used are 25 to 50 percent too high — go to http://www.equipmentworld.com/on-record-9/.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)523 Views
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects464 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign268 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says258 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers235 Views