Northshore Manufacturing custom-designed rod mill liner handlers
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 2, 2011
Rod Mill Liner Handlers from Northshore Manufacturing are custom designed to service most types of rod mills. A radio remote control allows the operator to control the machine from any angle.
The unit features three-section, telescopic knuckle boom with 200-degree rotation and articulating arm with tilting platen and 360-degree continuous rotation for reaching all areas of the mill’s drum. The frame is constructed of heavy-duty, high-strength structural tubing.
Holding valves are on all cylinders for safety, and platten clamps are designed to hold tabs cast in the shell and end liners. Lifting lugs are also installed to allow moving the handler via an overhead crane to other mills in the facility. Electric over hydraulic power unit supplies the necessary hydraulic flow and pressure to run the handler.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views