Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1584 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1022 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets993 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?635 Views