Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River562 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business344 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update336 Views