Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2275 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority629 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles602 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project554 Views