Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong861 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views