Build now, pay later
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014569 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding474 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable347 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future325 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields273 Views