Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- NJDOT worker faces 10 years in prison for stealing1083 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events679 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes531 Views
- Firearms to be used for road construction403 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up376 Views