Build now, pay later
John Latta | January 24, 2011
A $1.8 billion road project in Florida is being done for the state without the state itself paying a penny for it. Yet.
The repair and widening of I-595 will be finished before the contractor gets paid. It’s a public-private arrangement and another example of creativity in finding ways to work on our bridges an highways. Check out the details of the arrangement at the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts527 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse384 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster116 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views
- President Obama calls America's transportation infrastructure 'embarrassing'81 Views