Flawless Micro-Milling Results with New Cutter from Roadtec
December 15th, 2011
Category: Soil Stabilizer and Reclaimer
With new DOT specs for thinner friction courses, proper surface preparation is more important than ever. Delaminating of thin courses is likely when surfaces are prepared with conventional milling. What’s more, water can get trapped in the valleys of a conventionally milled surface, leading to premature pavement failure. In thin overlay applications micro-milling is required for good results.
Roadtec now offers a cutter that produces a fine, straight-line pattern, which neither deviates with changes in travel speed nor machine stops for truck changes. DOT tests of the surface have been passed consistently with this cutter. Moreover, the milled surface’s texture is extremely safe for cars and motorcycles alike when opened to traffic before paving begins.
Tooth consumption is extremely low with this product. On a recent job consisting of 5 miles of roadway (10 lanes miles), 1 inch removal with a micro finish, and an average travel speed of 48.5 FPM and as high as 70 FPM, zero teeth were changed during the 5-day project.
All Soil Stabilizer and Reclaimer:
- The NEW Roadtec Cutter Drum Program Adds Valuable Service to Roadtec 360 Support
- ROADTEC™S NEW RT-500 COLD RECYCLER
- Roadtec Introduces the New Generation of SX-7 Soil Stabilizers at ConExpo 08
- Roadtec Announces Important Enhancements to Its SX-7 Soil Stabilizer
- Flawless Micro-Milling Results with New Cutter from Roadtec
Manufacturers of Soil Stabilizer and Reclaimer:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2271 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority625 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles593 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views