BOMAG ADDS ASPHALT MANAGER TO HEAVY TANDEM ROLLER
May 21st, 2010
Category: Single Smooth Drum Vibratory Compactors
CINCINNATI – The innovative BW278AD-4 AM tandem roller now offers BOMAG’s exclusive Asphalt Manager intelligent compaction system. The 78-inch roller will be introduced at the World of Asphalt show in Cincinnati, Feb. 16-18, 2010.
The Asphalt Manager system automatically optimizes the roller’s compaction performance during operation, resulting in unmatched efficiency and consistent density results. The system continuously measures the stiffness of the asphalt mat, and automatically increases or decreases the compaction force where needed. The real time BOP display lets the operator constantly monitor the asphalt surface temperature, material stiffness, roller speed and amplitude. Proof rolling with the Asphalt Manager system allows base work to be inspected prior to paving.
Like the original BW278AD-4 introduced in 2008, the new Asphalt Manager-equipped roller offers improved operator ergonomics and controls, better performance and greater economy. The redesigned cockpit with sliding/swivel seat provides improved operator comfort and visibility, reduced fatigue, and increased efficiency. The swivel seat makes it easy for the operator to adjust positions without switching seats, while providing a clear view of the roller drum edges.
When the seat position is reversed, the joystick controls reverse automatically for natural right/left, forward/back control. An intuitive instrument cluster provides responsive, easy-to-read feedback of machine vitals and mat conditions.
The BW278AD-4 AM also features BOMAG’s innovative ECOMODE system, which can reduce fuel costs. The ECOMODE system automatically optimizes the performance of the 130-horsepower Commins diesel engine, matching its output to the power required for compaction. This feature also reduces engine emissions and lowers jobsite noise.
Other advanced performance and control features contribute to superior compaction results. The maximum frequency of 3,000 vibrations per minute (vpm) allows the roller to work quickly to achieve density on various mixes. The vibration frequency is infinitely variable from 2,500 to 3,000 vpm, allowing the rollers to be used in a wide variety of applications. The maximum centrifugal force is 55,575 pounds.
Additional features include a single hood for easy service access from a standing position, flush-mounted ROPS/FOPS for ease of working next to walls and guard rails, block-type drum isolators, hinged scraper bars and improved optional night paving lights. Larger water tanks permit longer operation between refills, while new nozzles and an interval water spray system reduce water use.
For more information on the BOMAG BW278AD-4 AM tandem drum vibratory roller or the complete BOMAG Heavy product line, including single-drum vibratory rollers, tandem-drum vibratory rollers, steel-wheel rollers, pneumatic-tired rollers, recyclers/stabilizers and refuse compactors, contact BOMAG Americas, Inc., 2000 Kentville Road, Kewanee, IL 61443, call (309) 853-3571, fax (309) 852-0350, e-mail email@example.com or visit the BOMAG Web site at www.gobomag.com.
All Single Smooth Drum Vibratory Compactors:
- New 13-Ton Single-Drum Rollers from BOMAG Feature Tier III Engines, Vertically-Opening Engine Hoods
- BOMAG Single-Drum Roller Redesigned for the Rental Market
- BOMAG Introduces 12-Ton Single-Drum Rollers with Enhanced Ergonomics, Tier III Engines
- BOMAG ADDS ASPHALT MANAGER TO HEAVY TANDEM ROLLER
- The SV208
- Case 200 Series Vibratory Rollers Deliver Traction,Effective Compaction Force and Smooth Ride
- CP-433E Vibratory Soil Compactor
- CB-334E Vibratory Asphalt Compactor
- CB-225E Combi Asphalt Compactor
- CS-663E Vibratory Soil Compactor
- CS-323C Vibratory Soil Compactor
Manufacturers of Single Smooth Drum Vibratory Compactors:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency525 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update276 Views