SwiftSign’s dynamic signage is solar powered, remotely controlled
October 29th, 2012
Have someone from Versilis Inc. contact you with more information Click Here
Versilis Inc.;s SwiftSign dynamic signage is comprised of a pivoting sign, a solar panel and a control box. Flashing lights can be added to the traffic sign to increase nighttime visibility and to catch drivers’ attention under specific circumstances such as emergency procedures.
The dynamic signage is completely independent of any wiring for ease of installation or relocation and can be activated with an RF unit, cellular phone, or a web-based application.
The system is a great in-between solution to static signs and variable message boards. The activation on demand makes the message only relevant when necessary and at the same time, the system is much more compact and economical than variable message boards. The system can be adapted to host any kind of signage or message board as long as it is reasonable in size and complies with local traffic regulations.
Applications include the following:
- Signage for reversible lane
- Signage for repetitive lane closure operations
- Signage for emergency operations (ex: tunnel incident)
- Traffic signage that needs activation at hard to reach or dangerous sites
- Variable dynamic road messages (possibility of having 2 or 3 different messages)
- Any signage operation that is either repetitive, that needs to be activated quickly on demand or that is not easy to access.
- New Cost-Effective SMC 2000 FM-ST Solar Message Center from Work Area Protection Meets MUTCD Requirements
- TraffiCalm Systems Announces New Design Footprint in Traffic Calming with a 9” Radar Driver Feedback Sign with Slow Down Message.
- SwiftSign's dynamic signage is solar powered, remotely controlled
- Unique products help manage lane closures on the Jacques Cartier Bridge
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?383 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views