Offset Single Pointed Ripper
December 16th, 2009
Category: Ripper and Scarifier Attachments
Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.® now offers the Offset Single Pointed Ripper which is a new style, rock ripper designed for excavators and backhoes that allows the operator to easily rip rock, coral shale, caliche, decomposed granite, limestone, sandstone, asphalt or frozen ground with the maximum breakout force for a price that is lower than our award winning Multi-Ripper®. The Offset Single Pointed Ripper (OSPR) design allows the operator to focus the excavator’s full breakout force on one tooth that is offset to the side of the excavator or backhoe stick, thus providing the ability to rip a side wall flat.
Conventional single pointed rippers have the shank mounted in the middle of the attachment which makes it difficult to rip the side wall without the ripper being very long. The LEA Offset Single Pointed Ripper allows side wall ripping while keeping the shank very short for increased breakout force. The operator can rip down one side of the trench, turn around and rip the opposite side of the trench, and then rip the middle. This technique produces a clean flat wall that other center mounted rippers cannot.
The new OSPR is also great for ripping stumps or for demolition purposes.
The new Offset Single Pointed Ripper is manufactured in the USA using Swedish alloy steel (Hardox 400) and the powerful MTG KingMet teeth, and is available to fit on any backhoe or excavator from 6,000 pounds to 300,000 pounds.
The advantages of the MRT are as follows:
- Focuses entire breakout force on one point for huge ripping force.
- The shank is offset allowing the ripping operator to easily rip a side wall flat.
- The shank is shorter than other single pointed rippers allowing higher ripping forces.
- The Offset Single Pointed Ripper is great for removing stumps and for demolition.
For more information call toll free: 866-928-5800 or 508-829-4855, or fax: 508-829-4822 visit the website: www.leadingedgeattachments.com
All Ripper and Scarifier Attachments:
- The Excavator Straight Rake
- Single Pointed Ripper Bucket
- The 2-Way Bucket
- The DigNRip Bucket:
- The New High-Capacity Multi-Ripper Bucket For Quarries
- Introducing the New 120 Metric Ton Class Size
- The New 3-Stage, Multi-Ripper Bucket
- Introducing the New 120 Metric Ton Class Size Version (180-300,000 pound) of the Patented Hi-Cap Multi-Ripper® Bucket From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.®
- The New 3-Stage, Multi-Ripper Bucket From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. Patent Pending in US and Canada
- Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. At CONEXPO!
- Multi-Ripper Tooth
- The New Skid Steer Loader Multi-Ripper From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.
- The Excavator Multi-Ripper Rake From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. Patent Pending
- The 2-Way Bucket from Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.
- The DigNRip Bucket: From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.
- Introducing The New Excavator Multi-Ripper Rake From Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. Patent Pending in US and Canada
- Offset Single Pointed Ripper
- VAIL Products introduces the new Volvo Motor Grader ripper
- INTRODUCING THE VAIL PRODUCTS X-RIPPER
- Vails Frost/Rock Ripper
- Rippers/Scarifiers for Motor Graders
Manufacturers of Ripper and Scarifier Attachments:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency482 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs372 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013253 Views