Leica Geosystems Launches Powerful Series of Rugged Automatic, Self-leveling Grade Lasers with Full Machine Control Compatibility
January 23rd, 2009
(Norcross, Ga., 22 January 2009) From general construction to agricultural applications, the latest series of Rugby Grade Lasers from Leica Geosystems offer users a powerful combination of efficiency, accuracy and flexibility.
Dan Dykhuis, Director of Construction Product Marketing for Leica Geosystems, says, With functionality options that range from on-the-fly remote control operation, high accuracy extended range operation and advanced internal laser leveling technology, this series of lasers is uniquely designed to meet a wide range of applications including the most demanding ones found when coupled with machine control systems.
The new automatic, self-leveling Grade Laser Series will include the Rugby 420DG, 410DG and 320SG rotating lasers.
Rugby 420 DG (Dual Grade)
Designed for applications such as land leveling and tiling that require long distance and stable performance over the whole day, the dual grade Rugby 420DG lasers operate from an optional long-range, two-way Remote Control feature that lets users manage all Rugby functions on-the-fly. These lasers incorporate a high power visible, red laser diode that generates an operating range of up to 3,600 ft diameter. The Rugby 420DG also includes a laser plane stabilization feature which ensures accurate and repeatable performance from morning until night and an electronic axis alignment feature for easy one-person alignment in the field, improving grade and set up accuracy.
Rugby 410DG (Dual Grade)
Like the Rugby 420DG lasers, the dual grade 410DG are designed to operate from an optional long-range, two-way Remote Control. With its integrated infrared laser diode, this advanced laser has an operating range up to 2,600 feet that is ideal for general construction and machine control applications.
Rugby 320SG (Single Grade)
The Rugby 320SG single grade has a built-in visible red laser diode for an operating range up to 3,000 feet.
The Rugby lasers works with MC200 Depthmaster for excavators, MC1200 for motor graders, and control systems based on Leica CAB laser sensors for dozers, scrapers, box blades, and similar equipment.
All Rugby 320SG, 410DG and 420DG lasers offer superior power management for up to 130 hours of continuous operation. In addition to the two years Leica Geosystems standard international warranty, the new Leica Rugby Grade Laser Series is offered with an optional three-year warranty extension.
Dykhuis concludes, Whatever your laser requirements (single or dual grade, short or long range), or your application from foundations and formwork to land leveling and tiling, the new Rugby Grade Lasers are designed to deliver precise grade control with speed, ease and accuracy to increase your bottom line.
For more information, visit http://www.leica-geosystems.com/us/en/lgs_8910.htm
Leica Geosystems when it has to be right
With close to 200 years of pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily, and visualize and present spatial information.
Those who use Leica Geosystems products every day trust them for their dependability, the value they deliver, and the superior customer support. Based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Leica Geosystems is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 2,600 employees in 23 countries and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world. Leica Geosystems is part of the Hexagon Group, Sweden.
- MT900C Machine Target for Use with AccuGradeTM ATS for Motor Graders, Track-Type Tractors
- ST400C SONIC TRACER
- AccuGradeTM V10.8 Software Upgrade
- Leica Geosystems Announces the Leica Sprinter 50, the One-button Electronic Digital Level, and the Leica Sprinter 150/150M and 250M for Advanced Leveling
- Leica DISTOTM D3 The Smallest Multi-Functional Laser Distance Meter in the World!
- Leica LINO L2 The Perfect Alignment Tool, Simply Perfect Lines!
- Leica Geosystems' New PowerBlade Machine Control Systems Offer Automatic Blade Control Savings for Every Budget
- Leica Geosystems Launches Powerful Series of Rugged Automatic, Self-leveling Grade Lasers with Full Machine Control Compatibility
- Three New Construction Lasers from Leica Geosystems Give Contractors a Clear Choice and Versatility for Construction Applications
- Topcon™s RL-100 series: New generation of slope lasers
- Topcon RL-VH4 Builder Laser Series provides GreenBeam® visibility
Manufacturers of Lasers:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series825 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?497 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group353 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines181 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views