Sokkia redefines ‘robotics’ with SX total station series
September 11th, 2012
Category: GPS Receivers
OLATHE, Kan. – Sokkia Corporation announces a redefinition of ‘robotics’ with its SX series of total stations, a compact, lightweight system containing the most modern technology available in the marketplace today.
The SX’s high-accuracy robotic technology includes an advanced angle measurement system, RED-tech technology, reflectorless EDM, Bluetooth® Class 1 long-range data communication, and an extremely accurate auto-tracking system with the RC-PR5 remote control system.
Combining these features with MAGNET™ Field application software and TSshield™, a telematics-based communications module with both cellular technology and GPS for positioning, the SX offers the industry’s most advanced laser and image processing technologies that provide exemplary performance on any job site. From stakeout or boundary work, to landscape projects or forensics, or any project requiring precise 3D positioning, the SX series “provides the best solutions for practically any work requiring fast and accurate measurement,” according to Brice Walker, vice president of sales for the Survey Business Unit.
In addition to being one of the most compact robotic systems available, the SX is cable-free and simple to learn and operate. The fully integrated unit delivers a 1,000-foot working radius through Bluetooth technology. (All SX data is instantly available at the controller.)
Walker said, “With the SX, reflectorless operation is available up to 3,280 feet (1,000m), and fast distance measurement can be accomplished with pinpoint precision is less than a second regardless of object.”
The SX features Sokkia’s original absolute encoders that provide long-term reliability in the most adverse job site conditions. Its dual-axis compensator ensures stable measurements even when set up on uneven terrain.
Other features of the SX series include:
– IP65 dustproof and waterproof rating;
– USB Type A and mini B ports, plus serial port;
– 25-key pad control panel with LCD touch screen;
– Standard temperature range from -20 to +50 degrees Centigrade;
– Tough metal chassis.
More information on the SX is available at http://www.sokkia.com/Products/Detail/SX.aspx.
Sokkia Corporation continually provides highly precise and reliable instruments and offers complete solutions in the areas of surveying, construction, industrial and monitoring applications. Sokkia’s product line features advanced optical survey instruments, advanced GNSS receivers, powerful field and office software, rugged data collectors, supplies and accessories.
All GPS Receivers:
- Leica RedLine
- Leica RedLine products deliver seamless performance with Total GPS and Dual GPS for improved workflow
- Leica Geosystems Gears Up its Global Product Launch at 2008 CONEXPO-CON/AGG Exhibition
- All NEW Scalable, Mid-Range Leica GPS900 RTK System Features Power, Flexibility, & Speed to Drive One-Person Survey Operations
- Survey grade total station positions itself in seconds
- Leica GR10 - the next generation GNSS reference station receiver with a streamlined ‘plug and play’ workflow
- Navman Introduces Integrated On- and Off-Road Fleet Tracking with Qtanium 300 GPS Tracking Device for Off-Road Construction Vehicles
- Networkfleet 4200 GPS Fleet Tracking Now Includes Complimentary Roadside Assistance
- Networkfleet expands GPS tracking to all fleet assets
- Networkfleet Announces 5000 Series GPS Fleet Tracking and Engine Monitoring Hardware for All Vehicle Types
- Cellular Technology Adapts GPS Capabilities to Needs of Rental Companies
- New Device Gives Rental Companies the Advantages GPS in a Simpler, Less Costly Alternative
- Sokkia reflectorless total station includes onboard Magnet field application software
- Sokkia redefines ‘robotics’ with SX total station series
- Topcon™s Millimeter GPS applications now are start-to-finish on project
- Topcon 3.4 G3 firmware provides ‘next-generation’ tracking technology
- Construction software for Topcon’s GRS-1 rover
- HiPer ‘revolution’ upgrades with new receiver: HiPer II
- Topcon introduces 3D GPS systems for wheel loaders
- Topcon’s FC-236 expands boundaries for controllers
- Trimble SPS781 and SPS881 Smart GPS Antennas
- Trimble SPS751 and SPS851 Modular GPS Receivers
- Trimble's Construction Asset Management Solutions
- Juno SD Handheld Provides Complete and Compact Solution for Field Workforce Asset Management with 3.5G Voice and Data Capability
- New Rugged Trimble Pro Series GNSS Receivers Provide Total Flexibility for GIS and Mobile Mapping Productivity
Manufacturers of GPS Receivers:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.