MIDLAND MACHINERY ROAD WIDENERS
April 15th, 2008
Category: Asphalt Wideners
The Midland Self-Propelled Road Widener features high production (up to 450 TPH) of gravel, dirt, cold-mix, or hot-mix asphalt and high mobility. Enabling a municipal project or a contractor to get the job done quickly and move to the next site fast.
|Model SP 8|
Single blade, single hydraulic conveyor motor, Converts left or right side spreading
Width: 11ft. 8in. Weight: 18,500 lbs.
|Model SPD 8|
Switch from right to left hand spreading in minutes!
Two blades – right and left, with profile control cylinders
Dual conveyor drive, right to left with the flip of a switch
Two variable height hopper discharge gates
Width: 12ft. 4in. (11ft.2in. Transport) Weight: 19,260 lbs.
- Curved Blade Assembly for better material flow improved column/push tube stability.
- Front Wheel Drive and steering Axle for improved traction and more pushing power
- Hydraulic Blade Extension (2 to 4 ft.)
- Control Panel, with Travel control, Conveyor on/off and belt speed, Engine stop, brake panic button and positions for all available options
- Roller Chain on the conveyor belt-positive drive- NO SLIP
- Rubber Inner Edger
- Vertically Adjustable Outer Edger Plate for clean edges
Length: 19ft. (5.8m)
Width: 11ft. 2in. (3.40m)
Height: 7ft. 10in. (2.38)
Weight: See above
Wheel Base: 110in. (279cm)
John Deere 4045D diesel, 80hp.@2500 rpm.
Hydrostatic Traction Drive,
Two Speed Trans, – Low: 0-150 ft/min (46m/min),
Travel: 0-11 mph (18km/hr)
Front Wheel Drive and Front Wheel Steering,
2 (front) 425/65r22.5 and 2 (rear) 11R22.5 Tires
Left or Right side Discharge,
Roller Chain driven, heat and oil resistant Belt,
Variable speed Hydraulic Drive
0 to 450 ft./min. (137 m/min)
Hopper: 3 cu.yd. (2.3 cu.m),
Modular sections with a curved profile, 18in. (46cm)tall,
Spread Width: 8ft. (2.44m) max,
4ft. (1.22m) fixed blade with a 2 to 4 ft. hyd. extend section.
Hydraulic Grade and Slope:
12in. (30.5cm) above to 12in. below grade.
Adjustable Outer Edger Plate,
Flexible Inside Edger Flap
Variable length blade Push Tube with Blade Stablizer Brace
All Drive Steering, Brake and Spreading functions are within easy
reach. Moveable Control Station and Seat for Left hand or Right hand
operation. Locking Panel Covers and Tool Box
Self cleaning, pivoting, with extendable frame to 14in. (35cm)
- Trench fill Strike-off Box: levels material down to
34 in. below grade
- Hydraulically extending Push Rollers
- Washdown System: electric pump, 20 ft hose / reel and nozzle
- Electronic Slope Control: AGL Slope Sensor and EZ-Pave controller
- Electronic Joint Match: AGL Sonic Ski and EZ-Pave controller
- Lighting Package: head and tail lights and warning beacon
- Broom Attachment: Sweepster 32 in.dia x 10 ft.
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views