Servo-Pneumatic Universal Testing Machine
December 9th, 2010
Category: Asphalt Testing
The Servo-pneumatic Universal Testing Machine CRT-UTM-NU is a development of the NAT which was developed by Keith Cooper and Professor Steven Brown at the University of Nottingham. The use of a high precision servo-pneumatic valve in conjunction with a low-friction actuator and sophisticated data acquisition and control, results in a performance that is equivalent to servo-hydraulic systems.
Accurate, digitally generated waveforms are applied by the actuator producing repeatable stress variations in test specimens that are simulative of those in a road pavement due to moving traffic. The actuator is double-acting allowing both compressive and tensile forces to be applied. A triaxial cell system is available for the measurement of the resilient modulus of unbound materials.
- Low cost dynamic loading universal test system ideally suited to testing asphalt and unbound granular materials.
- Double acting low friction actuator with integral stroke transducer.
- Utilises high performance ceramic spool servo-valve.
- High quality stainless steel frame.
- Issued with UKAS accredited certificate of calibration for EN 12697-24, EN 12697-25, EN 12697-26.
- Accessories available to perform a range of standard and non standard test methods.
- Can be supplied with standard software to perform EN, ASTM and AASHTO test methods and universal software with which to design non standard test routines.
- Assessment of resistance to permanent deformation (rutting).
- Measurement of stiffness modulus.
- Assessment of resistance to fatigue cracking.
- Resilient modulus of unbound materials.
- Mix design.
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014556 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields327 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill229 Views