Doosan Moxy 41-ton articulated dump truck combines power, stability and traction
July 13th, 2011
Category: Articulated Dump Trucks
WEST FARGO, N.D., June 2010 — The Doosan Moxy MT41 articulated dump truck offers high horsepower per ton of loaded weight, a free-swinging rear tandem bogie and a special articulation system for outstanding productivity and driving performance.
The MT41 is powered by a 444-horsepower, Tier 3 compliant Scania diesel engine that provides a class-leading power-to-weight ratio of 6.38 horsepower per ton. It has a payload capacity of 82,010 pounds.
The turning ring on the MT41 is located in front of the articulation joint, ensuring equal weight distribution to the front wheels at all times, even in maximum turns. This results in easier steering and less front tire wear. The MT41 also features independent front-wheel suspension for better traction and superior operator comfort.
Permanent 6-wheel drive provides outstanding traction in rough terrain. The free-swinging rear tandem bogie allows the rear wheels to maintain ground contact at all times. Only one differential lock/limited slip differential is required on the rear axles, resulting in less driveline and tire wear.
The sloping body ensures a low center of gravity and excellent weight distribution, further enhancing the stability of the MT41 and providing fast and easy tipping for increased productivity.
A fully automatic transmission provides six forward speeds and three reverse. Top speed is 32.9 mph in high range and 21.1 mph in low range.
Wet disk brakes provide more efficient braking under load, even in very adverse conditions such as deep mud and water. Because they are fully encased in oil, brake discs also last longer, reducing maintenance costs.
The comfortable, air-conditioned cabin features an air suspension seat, low noise and vibration levels and good visibility, thanks to the sloping front hood. The “tip-tronic” gearshift allows the operator to run the truck in both automatic and manual gears for the smoothest possible gear-shifts and momentum.
ABOUT DOOSAN INFRACORE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AMERICA
Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment America, headquartered in West Fargo, N.D., markets the Doosan brand of products, which includes large excavators, wheel loaders and articulated dump trucks. With more than 100 heavy equipment dealer locations in North America, Doosan is known for an unmatched dedication to service and customer uptime, and durable, reliable products. Doosan is fast becoming a global force in heavy construction equipment. For more information on Doosan products, visit www.doosanequipment.com.
All Articulated Dump Trucks:
- 740 Ejector Articulated Truck
- 740 Articulated Truck
- 770 Off-Highway Truck
- Caterpillar Introduces Larger Capacity 740 Articulated Truck
- Caterpillar to Sell Articulated Truck Bare Chassis for Specialty Applications
- KOMATSU INTRODUCES THE POWERFUL NEW HM300-2 ARTICULATED DUMP TRUCK
- Komatsu Introduces Powerful New Dump Truck
- Environmentally-Friendly HM400-2 Driven by Maximum Productivity and Reliability
- Komatsu Introduces New Dump Truck
- A40D Articulated Haulers
- A25D 4X4 Articulated Haulers
- Volvo Construction Equipment Introduces E-Series Articulated Hauler; First with Full Suspension
Manufacturers of Articulated Dump Trucks:
The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Better Roads Magazine, and Better Roads Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Interstate tolling gains new enemy in big-business group674 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency397 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- From a Job Interview: Hire Me, But Make It Easy336 Views