BOMAG's specially developed operator’s platform
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 12, 2012
BOMAG’s BW100ADM-5 tandem vibratory roller features a specially developed operator’s platform that has a smaller diameter steering wheel, multifunctional travel lever, adjustable seat and circular instrumentation.
Powered by a 20.2-horsepower water-cooled Kubota diesel engine, the roller delivers 3,822 pounds of centrifugal force at a 3,780-vpm frequency.
The engine’s Ecomode system idles the engine while the roller is inactive. The roller, which has a 39.4-inch working width, has its travel motors contained within the drums instead of hanging from the drums, ensuring a compact design and boosting maneuverability.
Additional features include a 26.4 gallon water tank; pressurized spray system with triple-filtered nozzles; BOMAG Intelligent Vibration Control; spring-applied hydraulically released parking brake; ROPS with retractable seat belt; backup alarm; emergency stop button; front and rear lights for night operation; and lockable engine hood and instrument panel
MORE FROM New Products from Better Roads
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair439 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views