BOMAG’s specially developed operator’s platform
BOMAG’s BW100ADM-5 tandem vibratory roller features a specially developed operator’s platform that has a smaller diameter steering wheel, multifunctional travel lever, adjustable seat and circular instrumentation.
Powered by a 20.2-horsepower water-cooled Kubota diesel engine, the roller delivers 3,822 pounds of centrifugal force at a 3,780-vpm frequency.
The engine’s Ecomode system idles the engine while the roller is inactive. The roller, which has a 39.4-inch working width, has its travel motors contained within the drums instead of hanging from the drums, ensuring a compact design and boosting maneuverability.
Additional features include a 26.4 gallon water tank; pressurized spray system with triple-filtered nozzles; BOMAG Intelligent Vibration Control; spring-applied hydraulically released parking brake; ROPS with retractable seat belt; backup alarm; emergency stop button; front and rear lights for night operation; and lockable engine hood and instrument panel
MORE FROM New Products from Better Roads
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014575 Views
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding515 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable369 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future330 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields274 Views