BOMAG Cold Planer
Better Roads Staff
The BM 2000/50 and BM 2000/60 cold planer milling machines from Bomag offer a 79-inch cutting width to remove a half lane of road surface in one pass. Both planers are powered by EPA Tier III compliant Deutz water-cooled diesel engines. The BM 2000/50 features a 469-horsepower engine that delivers a horsepower-per-cutting-tooth ratio of 2.8 and maximum working speed of 112 feet per minute (fpm). The 590-horsepower engine on the BM 2000/60 provides a horsepower-per-cutting-tooth ratio of 3.5 with a maximum working speed of 98 fpm. Both models are capable of milling depths up to 12.6 inches.
Each machine comes standard with four-track steering. For optimal consistency while working over changing grades and slopes, the milling depth can be controlled using the INTEL-PLANER automatic depth control system.
MORE FROM Landing Page
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141336 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields329 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG260 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers237 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill231 Views