Bigge Crane and Rigging relocates
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 29, 2010
Bigge Crane and Rigging is relocating its Richmond, Virginia, location to a complex more than twice the size of the current yard.
The newest Bigge location, still in Richmond, will be more than 12 acres and will be the headquarters for all heavy haul transportation and crane and rigging operations on the Eastern seaboard.
Along with the new location, Bigge is increasing the size of its crane fleet. Bigge is adding more than 20 rough terrain cranes and about a dozen crawler cranes with maximum lift capacities from 100 to 440 tons. Bigge hired additional mechanics, truck drivers and inside sales personnel to keep up with the increased demand for their services on the East Coast.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax708 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?315 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete278 Views