Bigge Crane and Rigging relocates
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 29, 2010
Bigge Crane and Rigging is relocating its Richmond, Virginia, location to a complex more than twice the size of the current yard.
The newest Bigge location, still in Richmond, will be more than 12 acres and will be the headquarters for all heavy haul transportation and crane and rigging operations on the Eastern seaboard.
Along with the new location, Bigge is increasing the size of its crane fleet. Bigge is adding more than 20 rough terrain cranes and about a dozen crawler cranes with maximum lift capacities from 100 to 440 tons. Bigge hired additional mechanics, truck drivers and inside sales personnel to keep up with the increased demand for their services on the East Coast.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views